Dear Patients and Family Members,
Ancor Health Center, PA is reviewing and following CDC and AAP recommendations regarding the COVID-19 (otherwise known as the Coronavirus disease 2019).
We have not had any patients/staff at the Longview or Kilgore location diagnosed with the COVID-19. In the interest of keeping our staff and your loved ones safe and healthy, we will be temporarily changing a few of our guest protocols:
- We ask that if you are an adult patient who does not require any kind of walking assistance or medical aid, that you come alone to your appointment. If you are a parent bringing a pediatric patient, we ask that you bring only that child. We understand that many schools are closed and this may be difficult but the CDC has asked that we practice social distancing.
- Although we have sick and well waiting rooms, the CDC has recommended that we keep crowds to a minimum. Therefore, we may limit the number of patients in our lobbies. We may ask that you give us your cell phone number after you check in and remain in your car until a room is available. When your room is ready we will call and take you directly to that room. We may also do this for any of our high risk and immunocompromised patients.
- We have temporarily removed all toys and books from the lobby..
- Hand sanitizer is available at each lobby, nurses stations and hallways. We are disinfecting rooms, chairs, doors and counters in between each patient visit.
As we continue to receive more information from the CDC and the AAP, Ancor Health Center will make every effort to share this information with our staff and patients.
Here are some recent recommendations:
- Stay home. If you are concerned that you might have become exposed to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus disease 2019), please call your health care provider. They will assess your symptoms over the phone and provide a plan of care or direct you to the appropriate person or facility based on the CDC guidelines.
- Wash your hands. CDC recommends that you wash your hands with warm soapy water for 20 seconds.
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue and immediately throw it away, or cough into your elbow.
- If you are ill and concerned about the COVID-19, answer these questions to determine your risk:
- Do you have a fever or cough? Difficulty breathing?
- Have I traveled to an area known to have known cases of the COVID-19?
- Have I had contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19
- Lastly, stay calm.
Please visit the following websites for further recommendations: